Sunday, December 13, 2015

Touch

I chose to do the chapters involving 1. Tattoos 2. Hands

Tattoos


"Beauty created through brutal means"

For my drawing, I followed the idea that tattoos are a form of self deconstruction.  It states that fully tattooed people live shorter lives due to the skins inability to breath properly and some inks can be poisonous.  "Beauty created through brutal means".  Tattoos are such a beautiful thing that cause great pain and destruction of the skin.  I drew a skeleton hand holding a rose in a tattoo-like style.  The hand is holding a rose that is based off of the Japanese tattoo called irezumi.  However, I only used one flower to depict it.  The rose it wilting and pedals are falling off.  I drew this and the skeleton hand to show the destruction that tattooing can cause.  

The Hand


"The hand is the visible part of the brain" 

The hand is such an important component of the human body.  It is so delicate and sensitive, yet extremely tough and durable.  Our hands are used for everything from building, grabbing, feeling, and consoling others through touch.  The amount of work that our hands are capable of is insane.  I drew a hand with a brain growing from the palm of the hand.  I did this to show the direct link between the brain and the hands.  My inspiration was the quote found within the Touch article, "The hand is the visible part of the brain".  


No comments:

Post a Comment